Well, if there’s one thing I can’t resist…it’s a good sale. But, a close second (or actually probably first, lets be honest), is dessert. So when I was perusing the home goods aisles at Kroger the other week, I nearly stopped dead in my tracks, as my jaw dropped to the floor, when I saw this adorable Babycakes Donut Maker. DONUT…MAKER?! I still can hardly believe such a wonderful treasure exists. It’s like…finding another M&M in the bottom of the plastic yellow wrapper when you thought the bag was empty (obviously peanut is my absolute favorite…)
Needless to say, I had to have it. For $12.oo, I would buy anything that meant I could make something warm, gooey and chocolatey. Once I got home I could barely wait to break into my new kitchen appliance. After much research on healthy baked donut recipes, I decided to make banana chocolate chip donuts!
- 1 cup Mashed Ripe Banana (Roughly 2 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt (I use 0% Fage)
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Spelt White Flours (You can also use AP Flour)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (I used 1/2 dark chocolate chips and 1/2 milk chocolate chips)
They’re just mini bite sized treats that are so adorble and tasty. Perfect for a quick snack, fast breakfast on the go, or pre-workout energy boost!