Guys, I just moved across the country….again. Phoenix was great, but I moved to Columbus, Ohio to pursue my career as a graphic designer at an advertising agency! Because I haven’t posted in forever and a day, I decided to do a mini recap of things I’ve been cooking/baking/eating.
Now that I’m all settled in, more real posts to come soon! 🙂
1. Peanut butter, banana, chocolate, protein smoothie.
2. Three ingredient Nutella cookies (from better baking)
3. Banana berry oat bread (from immaeatthat)
4. breadcrumb Eggplant, goat cheese, spinach, english muffin melt.
5. Went out for margs & fish tacos with my friend at a cute little mexican place down the street called Local Cantina 🙂
6. Overnight Oats! (easily my new favorite thing! So easy, so delicious)
7. Zucchini fries!
8. Tomato, cucumber, chickpea salad w/ goat cheese.
Who says snack time is just for kids? We all enjoy the afternoon or after-dinner/before-bed snack time! Two of my favorite things in this world, and one of my very favorite combinations, are bananas and peanut butter. When I have a sweet-tooth I try to combine fruits with something sweet, like peanut butter or dark chocolate chips, rather than grabbing the pint of Ben & Jerry’s. Today I, of course, had a giant sweet-tooth. So I decided to take a walk down memory lane and whipped together what I like to call — a smudgie! This is a super healthy snack that is easy & delicious!
2. Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy, your choice)
3. Graham crackers (I used the low fat kind to save calories)
4. Whatever else you’d like to add!
1. Mash up banana with a fork
2. Add a few heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter
3. Mix banana and peanut butter together
4. Spread mixture on one side of a graham and place the other on top, creating a sandwich
5. Place in the freezer for a few hours
Somehow…this didn’t TOTALLY suffice my sweet-tooth craving, so I melted some dark chocolate chips in the microwave and simply dunked my smudgie into the chocolate. Perfection! 🙂