Guys, I just moved across the country….again. Phoenix was great, but I moved to Columbus, Ohio to pursue my career as a graphic designer at an advertising agency! Because I haven’t posted in forever and a day, I decided to do a mini recap of things I’ve been cooking/baking/eating.
Now that I’m all settled in, more real posts to come soon! 🙂
1. Peanut butter, banana, chocolate, protein smoothie.
2. Three ingredient Nutella cookies (from better baking)
3. Banana berry oat bread (from immaeatthat)
4. breadcrumb Eggplant, goat cheese, spinach, english muffin melt.
5. Went out for margs & fish tacos with my friend at a cute little mexican place down the street called Local Cantina 🙂
6. Overnight Oats! (easily my new favorite thing! So easy, so delicious)
7. Zucchini fries!
8. Tomato, cucumber, chickpea salad w/ goat cheese.
Happy Weekend! Most of you were probably delightfully enjoying this phrase yesterday, on a normal person weekend start day, but working for a newspaper means you get really weird hours/schedules. SO. TODAY is the beginning of MY weekend.
I don’t know about you, but I go through phases when it comes to my favorite things. Mostly with food. Once I find something that I love, I can’t get enough of it, and eat pretty much every day for like…a month. My current obsession for January: OATMEAL!
It all started with the obligatory New Years Resolution of being healthy. I usually don’t make New Years resolutions because I break them before the end of the month, so this year I’m taking the approach to just simply live healthy. Oatmeal is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. I’ve always LIKED oatmeal, but I never loved it. And that’s probably because I never realized how FUN it can be! I’ve tried about a trillion different things in my oatmeal (some successful, some not so much) and have found that this tasty treat has a little something for everyone.
Strawberry ,banana, peanut butter: