Guys, I just moved across the country….again. Phoenix was great, but I moved to Columbus, Ohio to pursue my career as a graphic designer at an advertising agency! Because I haven’t posted in forever and a day, I decided to do a mini recap of things I’ve been cooking/baking/eating.
Now that I’m all settled in, more real posts to come soon! 🙂
1. Peanut butter, banana, chocolate, protein smoothie.
2. Three ingredient Nutella cookies (from better baking)
3. Banana berry oat bread (from immaeatthat)
4. breadcrumb Eggplant, goat cheese, spinach, english muffin melt.
5. Went out for margs & fish tacos with my friend at a cute little mexican place down the street called Local Cantina 🙂
6. Overnight Oats! (easily my new favorite thing! So easy, so delicious)
7. Zucchini fries!
8. Tomato, cucumber, chickpea salad w/ goat cheese.
Since I was actually home for dinner tonight (I work nights Tuesday-Saturday…) I decided to take advantage of being home and make dinner! I try to use up my produce as soon as possible to avoid it from spoiling, so that was my main goal tonight. I made pesto grilled chicken, spinach, kalamata olives, and feta stuffed portobello mushrooms. With a side of zucchini, eggplant bake with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. They both were absolutely delicious! And made so much that I have leftovers for dinner for tomorrow 🙂
Stuffed portobello mushrooms:
• Portobello mushrooms
• Grilled chicken
• Feta cheese
• kalamata olives
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Bake mushrooms for 10 minutes (or until they are dark grey and a little squishy)
• While mushrooms are baking, cook chicken in skilled with pesto (I used philly cream cheese – creamy pesto cooking creme)
• Once chicken is done cooking, add a few handfuls of spinach.
• Cook spinach down.
• add olives.
• remove mushrooms from the oven
• spoon the chicken, spinach, olive mix into the mushrooms
• sprinkle with feta
• bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly
Zucchini & eggplant bake:
• marinara sauce
• mozzarella cheese
• preheat over to 400 degrees
• slice eggplant and zucchini into half circles, and place along the bottom
• bake for 20 minutes
• remove from oven
• spread desired amount of marinara sauce on top
• sprinkle cheese
• bake for 10 minutes (or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly)