Well, if there’s one thing I can’t resist…it’s a good sale. But, a close second (or actually probably first, lets be honest), is dessert. So when I was perusing the home goods aisles at Kroger the other week, I nearly stopped dead in my tracks, as my jaw dropped to the floor, when I saw this adorable Babycakes Donut Maker. DONUT…MAKER?! I still can hardly believe such a wonderful treasure exists. It’s like…finding another M&M in the bottom of the plastic yellow wrapper when you thought the bag was empty (obviously peanut is my absolute favorite…)
Needless to say, I had to have it. For $12.oo, I would buy anything that meant I could make something warm, gooey and chocolatey. Once I got home I could barely wait to break into my new kitchen appliance. After much research on healthy baked donut recipes, I decided to make banana chocolate chip donuts!
• Powdered sugar
• Almond Milk
• cocoa powder
• add the mashed banana, sugar and greek yogurt. Mix until incorporated.
• Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla extra and mix.
• Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the batter and mix until just incorporated.
• fold in the chocolate chips.
• Scoop the batter into a zip lock bag and seal shut. Using scissors, snip the bottom corner of one side of the ziplock bag to create your homemade piping bag.
• Grease the donut maker
• fill each hole 3/4 full.
1 cup Mashed Ripe Banana (Roughly 2 small bananas)
1/2 cup Raw Cane Sugar
1/2 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt (I use 0% Fage)
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
2 cups Spelt White Flours (You can also use AP Flour)
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Chocolate Chips (I used 1/2 dark chocolate chips and 1/2 milk chocolate chips)
They’re just mini bite sized treats that are so adorble and tasty. Perfect for a quick snack, fast breakfast on the go, or pre-workout energy boost!
Guys, I just moved across the country….again. Phoenix was great, but I moved to Columbus, Ohio to pursue my career as a graphic designer at an advertising agency! Because I haven’t posted in forever and a day, I decided to do a mini recap of things I’ve been cooking/baking/eating.
Now that I’m all settled in, more real posts to come soon! 🙂
1. Peanut butter, banana, chocolate, protein smoothie.
2. Three ingredient Nutella cookies (from better baking)
3. Banana berry oat bread (from immaeatthat)
4. breadcrumb Eggplant, goat cheese, spinach, english muffin melt.
5. Went out for margs & fish tacos with my friend at a cute little mexican place down the street called Local Cantina 🙂
6. Overnight Oats! (easily my new favorite thing! So easy, so delicious)
7. Zucchini fries!
8. Tomato, cucumber, chickpea salad w/ goat cheese.
Who says snack time is just for kids? We all enjoy the afternoon or after-dinner/before-bed snack time! Two of my favorite things in this world, and one of my very favorite combinations, are bananas and peanut butter. When I have a sweet-tooth I try to combine fruits with something sweet, like peanut butter or dark chocolate chips, rather than grabbing the pint of Ben & Jerry’s. Today I, of course, had a giant sweet-tooth. So I decided to take a walk down memory lane and whipped together what I like to call — a smudgie! This is a super healthy snack that is easy & delicious!
2. Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy, your choice)
3. Graham crackers (I used the low fat kind to save calories)
4. Whatever else you’d like to add!
1. Mash up banana with a fork
2. Add a few heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter
3. Mix banana and peanut butter together
4. Spread mixture on one side of a graham and place the other on top, creating a sandwich
5. Place in the freezer for a few hours
Somehow…this didn’t TOTALLY suffice my sweet-tooth craving, so I melted some dark chocolate chips in the microwave and simply dunked my smudgie into the chocolate. Perfection! 🙂
1) After a long, late night at work I had some friends over to watch our favorite show, ‘How I met your Mother’ and one of them so kindly brought Krispy Kreme donuts! (Obviously I went straight for the pumkin one 🙂 )
2) While grocery shopping at Trader Joes I spotted these delicious gems. They’re called ‘Dark chocolate nutty bites’ and I couldn’t be happier yet angry at the same time that I found them. Perfect for a small chocolate craving, but impossible to only eat just one!
3) Homemade pumpkin pop tarts!
4) Fun Polaroid prints
5) Halloween at work! To Infinity & Beyond!
6) Couldn’t be happier to have my first red holiday cup from my beloved Starbucks!
7) A few friends I went to support our friend at his Gokart race!
8) I bought new lights for my room!